1.1.09

So long furry friend.


Today we had to take Nikita to the vet again because she wasn't getting any better.
My mom called me at work to let me know that they had to put her down.
I'm so sad that I couldn't have been there and I didn't get to say good bye
let alone be stuck at work crying my eyes out.
She was the best dog for 15 years that anyone could have asked for.
I'm going to miss her so much always laying with me when I'm sick and
coming home and having her laying in the front lawn to say "hey nikita"
Anyway, Good bye wonderful wonderful dog.
I'm so glad that we could take you home from the humane society to be with us.

7 comments:

April said...

so sorry to hear that. truly. dogs are amazing creatures, so loveable and nonjudgmental and pretty much everything humans should aspire to be---except the eating poop part.
your dog was lucky to have you. and vice versa. take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. My dogs are still young yet, but I live in fear of the day that I have to put them down. I don't think I can do it. :-(

Take care,

Havs
http://nonfictionlover.today.com

Mod Provisions said...

I'm so sorry. This makes me so sad. It's not fair that dogs live such short lives.

Sharkbytes said...

Losing a pet is so sad. My favorite, Chips, has been gone 9 years, but I still miss him.

LizzyT said...

It is such a hard thing to do but it is also hard to see a dear pet suffering.

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your pup. I'm sure my kitty (that I had for 13 years & still miss all the time) met your pup on the other side to show him around. :)

Kristin said...

AWe Arika I'm so sorry!