4.10.11

I was on this train this weekend!

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/10/pedestrian_killed_by_amtrak_tr.html

When I lived on the East Coast, travelling by train was a lot more common. Over here states are a bit more spread out and train travel is often more costly than driving. However, in an effort to ditch my car for the afternoon. I rode to Portland with a friend and decided I would take the train back to Salem. This decision was made after I learned about bottomless mimosas at Hamburger Mary's. This was quite an ordeal. We waited around about 2 hours for the coroner to arrive at the scene so the train could be released and then about another hour until we could get a new engine and engineer. All in all my one hour trip ended up being a four hour catastrophe. 

No comments: